So many crystals are on the market, that it’s hard to know which ones are good for meditation. But, there are a number of crystals that are great for a beginner. Beginner meditation crystals include clear quartz, selenite, rose quartz, amethyst, smoky quartz, citrine, and shungite.
The ancient Sumerians were the first to consider the healing power of crystals. They believed crystals had magical properties and healing powers. These ancient beliefs in directing and absorbing crystal energy are reawakened today as we search for positive shifts in our lives.
Crystalline energy is the new wave of channeling our spirit and raising our self-awareness.
What Crystals Are Good for Meditation?
There are certain crystals that elevate our meditation experience, making us feel healthier and spiritually balanced. Choosing the right crystals help you meditate in a powerful way, staying balanced and aligned with positive universal energy. Here is the beginner’s toolbox of seven energy-healing crystals that help alleviate stress and anxiety, while enhancing meditation that promotes mindfulness and spirituality.
1. Clear Quartz
This is the ultimate beginner crystal for meditation. It’s known for storing and releasing energy for healing our spiritual, physical, and emotional planes. Clear quartz cleans any negative thoughts from your mind.
Selenite is one of the best crystals for your sacred space. It delivers positive energy while dispelling any negative debris. When meditating, selenite deepens the peace and spirituality of your space.
Some people say that during deep meditation, selenite helps them remember past lives and gave them glimpses into the future.
3. Rose Quartz
Rose quartz crystals represent emotional healing and balance. They’re helpful for healing physical and emotional wounds when you reveal your intentions while placing the crystal in your spiritual space. This crystal also helps you reach your inner child and strengthens your empathy and compassion for others.
Amethyst crystals are found throughout the world. They’re purple, trigonal, or hexagonal crystals. Amethyst corresponds physically with the eyes, and emotionally with open-mindedness and acceptance.
During meditation, amethyst opens the mind to receiving intuitive guidance, soul-searching, and connection with past lives.
5. Smoky Quartz
Smoky quartz is associated with positive energy that reduces anxiety and stress. This allows you to think clearly and strengthens your imagination. If you’re working through any kind of grief or anger, meditating with smoky quartz crystals brings calmness and peace.
This is considered a stone of good fortune. It energizes your body and mind and restores health. When you meditate with citrine, it opens your mind to new thoughts and spiritual awakening.
Citrine crystals also bring luck and abundance.
Shungite is one of the strongest healing stones. You might even hear it called, ”stone of life.” With shungite in your spiritual space, you’ll experience emotional, spiritual, and physical balance.
When placing shungite in your bath, it purifies water and detoxifies your body. Also, holding shungite in your hand increases your psychic ability and strengthens spiritual awareness. It’s also wonderful for neutralizing the effects of electromagnetic fields emanating from electronic devices.
How Do I Select Crystals for Meditation?
Now that we’ve covered the seven crystals you need to get the most out of your meditation, there are a variety of techniques for selecting crystals. Before you begin choosing the crystals, knowing the reason why you want to meditate is the best way to reach self-enlightenment by releasing negative energy. For example, do you want relaxation meditation, healing meditation, or emotional meditation?
Once you know the intent of your meditation, it’s time to choose the crystals that are relevant to your purpose. You do this by tuning into the energy of the crystals. Start by placing the crystals in a bowl or pouch.
Place it in front of you. Breathe in deeply and close your eyes. Ask the universe to guide you in selecting the crystal that can bring you into the meditative state that you seek.
Reach out for the bowl or pouch, and while thinking about your intention, select the crystal. Keep it with you throughout the day, not only while you meditate. Another technique for selecting your meditation crystals is to use a pendulum.
Follow these steps for choosing your crystals using a pendulum.
- Use a quartz or copper pendulum because they conduct energy.
- Hold the pendulum and ask it to show you a ”yes” movement.
- Study how the pendulum moves, back and forth, slow or fast, or side to side.
- Ask the pendulum to show you a ”no” movement.
- Make note of the pendulum’s movement.
- Line your crystals up on a table.
- Hold the pendulum over the first crystal.
- Ask the pendulum if you should use this crystal.
- Watch for the pendulum movement for ”yes” or ”no.’
- If it answers, ”yes,” set the crystal aside.
- Do this for each crystal in the line.
Once you’ve selected the correct crystals, you can use them during your meditation.
Should I Cleanse My Crystals Before Meditating?
Since crystals receive, absorb, and transmit energy, you should cleanse them often to dissipate the negative stored energy. Cleansing your crystals removes any energy that isn’t serving the purpose of your meditation. Cleanse your crystals before and after each meditation.
If you’re wearing the crystals or carrying them with you, cleanse them once per week. If you notice that your crystals aren’t working as well as they used to, most likely they need to be cleansed. Also, if you have a particularly hard day while carrying your crystals, cleanse them of the negative energy right away.
How Do I Cleanse My Crystals Before Meditating?
When choosing a cleansing technique for your crystals, use your inner tuition to guide you in using the correct method. When you cleanse your crystals, hold the intention in your mind. This ensures that energy that isn’t beneficial to you is released.
Here are the common cleansing methods:
- Water – Hold the crystals in your hand and place them under running water. You can also soak the crystals overnight in a bowl of water, or cleanse them in a pond or the ocean.
- Smudging – This involves burning sacred herbs and using the purified smoke to cleanse the crystals. Use herbs such as sage, sweetgrass, or cedar. Hold your crystal over the smoke until you feel the negative energy leaving the crystals.
- Sound vibration – Sound is intensely purifying. Place your crystals on a tabletop and make sound with the instrument several times. You can use a drum, gong, chimes, or singing bowls.
- Visualization – If you’re confident that you can focus your energy, cleanse your crystals with visualization. Hold the crystals in your hands, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and exhale. Visualize a healing light that moves from your head, down your arms and into the crystals. When you feel the crystals are clear of negative energy, stop visualizing.
While you’re cleansing your crystals, make sure you transmute the negative energy that’s being released from your crystals into positive energy. This prevents negativity from building in your spiritual space. Envision the negativity breaking up and leaving your space.
In your mind, see your crystals surrounded by the light of love and peace. See it grow and fill your meditation space. This pushes out all negative energy for a space filled with health, happiness, and peace.