Meditation has become quite modish over the last decade or so. Many people practice it regularly to reduce stress and improve their mental health. What types of stones are suitable for meditation?
Several types of stones are said to be beneficial for meditation. They range from crystals to gemstones to minerals. Each type has its pros and cons. The best way to select the right healing stone is to consult a professional. Here’s what they say about different types of stones.
Crystals have been used in spiritual healing practices since ancient times. They are believed to hold energy and help balance emotions. In addition, they can increase focus and concentration.
Crystals are available in white, pink, blue, green, red, yellow, black, etc.
- Clear Quartz – Clear quartz is one of the most commonly recommended crystals for meditation. It is considered an excellent grounding stone because it helps you connect with your inner self. This makes it great for calming down when you feel stressed out.
- Amethyst – Amethyst is another favorite among those who want to meditate. Its color ranges from purple to lavender to gray. It is believed to bring positive energy into your life.
- Rose Quartz – Rose quartz is often called “the love stone.” It is said to attract love and happiness into your life.
- Rhodonite – Rhodonite is a natural form of aluminum silicate found mainly in Brazil. It can promote peace and harmony.
What are the Cons of Using Crystals for Meditation?
There are some downsides to using crystals as meditation tools.
- They can be expensive.
- They might be unavailable at your local store.
- They can be hard to clean.
- You must learn how to keep them properly cleaned.
- They can be heavy.
- They can cause allergic reactions.
- They can be too small to see clearly. Finally, they can be difficult to use.
How to Use Crystals for Meditation
You can use any crystal for meditation. However, some people prefer using quartz because it helps clear negative thoughts. It is recommended that you clean your crystal before meditating with it.
This will ensure that you get the maximum benefit from it.
Gemstones like amethyst, citrine, jade, lapis lazuli, and rose quartz promote calmness and tranquility, helping with depression and anxiety. Gemstones are available in all shades but most commonly come in light-colored hues such as white, yellow, orange, and brown.
Diamonds – Diamonds are considered to be the hardest substance on earth. They are believed to protect you from negativity and bad vibes. They are also used to enhance your aura.
Lapis Lazuli – Lapis Lazuli is a semi-precious stone that comes in various shades of blue. It is said to help you achieve clarity in your mind.
Jade – Jade is a beautiful stone that comes in various colors ranging from green to yellow. It can protect against negativity and stress.
Citrine – Citrine is a bright yellow stone that is said to help you find joy in everyday life. It may also boost your immune system.
Aquamarine – Aquamarine is a deep teal-colored stone that can help you stay focused during meditation. It is also said to improve your memory and creativity.
Topaz – Topaz is a brilliant stone that can give you confidence and courage. It may also bring good luck.
Amazonite – Amazonite is a soft, bluish-green stone that brings inspiration and motivation into your life. It may also help you overcome fear.
Agate – Agates are stones that are formed by volcanic activity. They are normall dark in color and have sharp edges. They are known to increase mental agility and focus.
The following are some other crystals that may be helpful in meditation.
Moonstone – Moonstone has a calming effect on the body. It may help you relax and unwind.
Sapphire – Sapphire is a lovely shade of blue. It can boost your intuition and psychic abilities.
Turquoise – Turquoise is a rich blue stone that can stimulate the brain and nervous system. It is also said to help you connect with nature.
Malachite – Malachite is a beautiful green stone with flecks of red. It can aid in self-confidence and inner peace.
Rose Quartz – Rose Quartz is a pale pinkish-white stone that can relieve stress and anxiety. The stone may help soothe your emotions.
Amethyst – Amethyst is a purple-blue stone that can promote spiritual growth. It also helps you gain insight into yourself.
Peridot – Peridot is a deep blue stone that can help promote serenity and balance. It can enhance your connection with others.
How to Use Them for Meditation
Place one of these gems in front of you while meditating. You can also wear them around your neck or wrist.
What are the Cons of Using Gemstones for Meditation?
- Gemstones are beautiful additions to any meditation practice. However, there are a few things to consider before using them.
- Some gemstones (like turquoise) may not work well if they get wet. If you plan to use them outside, ensure they’re protected from moisture.
- Some gemstones may contain lead, which could leach out over time. Make sure you know what kind of gemstone you’re using.
- The best way to cleanse a gemstone is to rub it with a dry cloth. Don’t soak it!
- Be careful when handling gemstones. Keep them away from children and pets.
- Avoid wearing gemstones that aren’t yours. They must not contain anyone else’s energy.
Minerals like selenite, hematite, and malachite can bring clarity and peace of mind. They are also helpful for grounding yourself when you feel anxious or stressed.
Hermatite (brownish-gray) – The hermatites are often found in iron ore deposits. They may help you feel more calm and tranquil, plus help stabilize your emotions. You can find it in brownish-gray or reddish-brown.
Selenite – Selenite is a gray-blue mineral that is often found near volcanoes. It is said to enhance concentration and awareness.
Magnetite – Magnetite is a black mineral often found along with iron ore. It is said to be beneficial for those who have insomnia.
How to Use Them for Meditation
Experienced practitioners should only use these stones. They need to be cleansed first. Then place them on the floor or ground where you sit. Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Focus on your breathing and free your mind.
What are the Cons of Using Minerals for Meditation?
- Some people have allergies to certain minerals. Some minerals can cause allergic reactions.
- They can be expensive.
- You may have to cleanse them first. Ask a qualified teacher if you don’t know how to do this.
How Do I Know if My Stone is Good For Meditation?
If you can’t find a professional knowledgeable about the use of stones for meditation, rely on your intuition. What crystals capture your attention? If you’re drawn to a particular color, don’t question it. Instead, trust your instincts and use this crystal for your next meditation session.
If you find that none of them compel you to use them, that’s okay. First, think about what you need to get from your next meditation. Then research the crystal types on CrystalVault.com.
That’s an excellent place to start because they provide in-depth guides that include information about the physical and emotional healing energies of the stone. The guide also includes information about how to use them for meditation.
For those doing soul retrieval and shamanic journeys in their meditations, Black Jade is an excellent focal crystal. It initiates deep inner voyages, and allows one to return to a higher state of consciousness. [Simmons, 212]
If you need more information, rely on Google and Amazon to help you learn more about a stone. You may also benefit from learning about the experiences that customers had when using a particular piece.